Having a challenging process doesn't have to mean loss of performance or reliability. The Mark 3's additional configurations combine the best Mark 3 ANSI innovations with specialized features to cover most any application. We've highlighted a key feature for each model below, but be sure to download a brochure to see even more features and specifications.
Mark 3 Lo-Flo™ Pump
The Mark 3 Lo-Flo pump is designed to improve pump reliability and performance in low-flow, high-head applications. The first pump manufacturer to introduce an ANSI standard low flow, high-head pump, Flowserve developed its innovative radial vane impeller and circular, concentric casing to reduce radial loads and shaft vibration while extending bearing and mechanical seal life.
The circular concentric casing is more efficient hydraulically at lower flow rates and the Mark 3's unique design eliminates potential leaks and balances pressures. The Mark 3 Lo-Flo also includes:
Flows to 50 m3/h (220 gpm) and heads to 300 m (1000 ft)
SealSentry Seals Chambers with advanced self-flushing capabilities
- External Micrometer Impeller Adjustment that accurately sets impeller clearance in 20 seconds, in the shop or in the field
Choice of Standard Mark 3A power end or ANSI 3A™ with 3-year performance guarantee
Mark 3 Unitized Self-Priming Pump
The Mark 3 Self-Priming pump costs less to buy, install and maintain than submersible pumps. Engineered to prime the pump by drawing from liquid sources below ground level or from sources that otherwise lack enough pressure, the Mark 3 can be easily installed at ground level where maintenance is more simply and economically performed.
The Mark 3 uses liquid recirculation to self-prime the pump. The pressure differential between the aerated liquid at the impeller and the nonaerated liquid in the priming chamber creates a vacuum that pulls liquid up the pipe. As a result, the Mark 3 Self-Primer is ideal for suction lift applications or pumping liquids with entrained air or gases.
Other performance and reliability enhancements include:
Mark 3 Sealmatic Pump
With the Mark 3 Sealmatic pump, no mechanical seal is needed during operation. A dynamically sealing repeller (expeller) expels fluid from the seal chamber, making it ideal for hard to seal applications. This also eliminates the need for external flushing and process contamination control. Additional features include:
- Dynamically sealing spinning expeller created centrifugal force to expel liquid from the seal chamber, making it ideal for tough sealing applications
- Static sealing options prevent leaking when the pump is stopped. Choices include flexible graphite packing, dry-running end-face seals, and stationary fluoropolymer disk seals.
- Standard Reverse Vane Impeller for repeatable pump performance throughout the life of the pump
- External Micrometer Impeller Adjustment that allows accurate, easy and rapid impeller clearance setting