One of the premiere equipment lines engineered by Weir Specialty Pumps, the Roto-Jet has earned a global reputation for reliability and endurance in meeting demand requirements of low-flow, high-head applications. The Roto-Jet pitot tube pump has been specifically designed and manufactured to achieve a broad operating range without creating damaging hydraulic forces in the pump. Its stationery pitot tube technology converts the fluid velocity energy into static pressure, which is critical to maximizing any centrifugal pump’s efficiency.
- No external lube system required
- No wear rings or close running clearances
- Robust design is insensitive to process upsets
- Pulsation free flow over the entire head-flow curve
- Reduced life cycle cost by optimizing hydraulic efficiency
- Process seals limited to suction pressure exposure only,
maximizing seal life
- High heads achieved in a single stage at low operating speeds compared to other low-flow, high-head pumps
The Roto-Jet design eliminates wear rings and close shaft tolerances which contribute to heat expansion and drive shaft seizure. Since its mechanical seal is not mounted to the pump drive shaft, temperature increases due to seal failure won't transfer to the critical drive shaft/bearing area. And unlike conventional centrifugal pumps, this unique line won't seize due to loss of suction or if operated with a minimal continuous bypass flow against a closed discharge valve.
Increased performance and longevity
These unique attributes make the Roto-Jet pump line an excellent choice for severe low-flow, high-head process applications to increase your mean time between failure rate, and reduce your total cost of ownership.
Contact your PP&S team
For 1:1 applications and engineering guidance, information on cost-saving repair agreements and pump exchange programs, contact your dedicated account lead at: